Is video an important component of your overall marketing strategy? It should be.
73% of B2B marketers say that video positively impacted their marketing ROI and companies that use professionally produced video in their content marketing strategy grew revenue 49% faster than those that didn’t. And, social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined. When marketers included a video in an email, the click through rate increased by more than 200%. Furthermore, including video on a landing page can increase conversions by up to 80%. Ready to ramp up your video game? Download our Video Production Process Roadmap. We’ve shared our best practice tips for producing compelling, professional videos that tell your story and make your video production process as efficient and painless as possible.
Everything Before the Shoot
- Letter of Agreement – The written handshake
- Kick-Off Meeting – Getting to know you and your goals
- Research – Each project is unique
Scripted Video Approach
- Treatment – Presenting our ideas to you
- Script – The Treatment with dialogue and direction
- Talent – Who appears in the video
Unscripted Video Approach (interview-based)
- Identify the Storytellers – Who is in front of the camera telling the story
- Pre-shoot Phone Interview – Can they tell your story?
- Treatment/Outline – Our roadmap for the shoot.
- Preparing for a Shoot – Getting our ducks in a row
- Scout Location – Does the location match the feel we want to communicate?
- Create a Schedule and Short list
- Makeup – HD stand for High Definition
- Shoot Day – Lights, camera, action!
Everything After the Shoot
- Review Round – The rough cut
- Client Watches the Video
- First Time – Watch it for the big picture
- Second Time – Watch it for the visuals
- Third Time – Watch it for the details
- Rough Cut 2 – Incorporating client feedback
- Final Round of Editing – Final tweaks, create video for distribution